Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shijun Art 2013 Year in Review


 Today is a snowy day. The night is so quiet and my garden is a soft and beautiful white. It all reminds of the Chinese meaning of "Zen". So I think it is a good time to review my bountiful harvest of 2013-it is my 10th year having come to America, my new home. 

 My Solo art exhibition "New Work" in January at Gwinnett County Public Library, GA 2013
I was honored to have my oil painting "Eve's Orchard" added to the permanent art collection of the Cumming First United Methodist Church, GA. April 2013 CFUM Art Festival
 My art was featured by Doobious.org, a local internet organization supporting the arts in Atlanta in October, 2013. Here is the published article: link to Published article
My oil painting "Mystic Mermaid II" has been selected as the poster for the Theatrical production of Hans Christian Anderson story of "The Little Mermaid", an adaptation by Pam Gems and produce by the University of Fraser, Chilliwack, BC, Canada. This was their main show for the 2013 year.
 I opened the Etsy store late in 2013 and had my 1st sale! Cha-Ching! Shijun Art on Etsy
 
At my "Joy of Art" class at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, Atlanta I have continued to meet many talented art students. Joy of Art student art work
Congratulations to Rakel Becraft whose painting is State level finalist Kindergarten and congratulations to all 13 Shijun Art Studio students that have been selected as county finalists in the Reflections 2013-14 art contest.  More Reflections winner 2013
Shijun Art Studio student artist's Anna Qian, Annie Wang and Yan Liu at the River of Words Awards Ceremony held in Decatur, GA. To see more winning art work
 A big congratulations to the six Shijun Art Studio students for winning the State Fish art contest 2013.More winning student art here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...